Visually impaired students can use special equipment:
- Handheld media player Victor Reader Stream,
- SARA CE (Scanning and Reading Appliance, Camera Edition),
- Video Magnifier Freedom Scientific.
Visually impaired students can use special keyboards and software in Self-study Rooms 311 and 312:
- JAWS for Windows 14 analyses the information on the computer screen and transmits it to a speech synthesiser that converts the text into a sound. The software provides visually impaired students a possibility to independently work on the computer;
- Win Talker Voice 1.6 software transmits the reader the information that is on the computer screen aloud in the Lithuanian language;
- Magic Screen Magnification software magnifies all the information or its part on the computer screen;
- Dolphin Easy Converter software converts text documents into alternative formats (mp3, audio, txt, Braille, DAISY digital book format).
Hearing-impaired students can use digital encoded FM internal communication system Bellman Audio Domino, which helps to understand speech in complicated hearing situations (lectures, seminars, watching videos, etc.). The system can be used with hearing aids.
The equipment was acquired while implementing the National Higher Education Fund project “Ensuring study access for students with special needs,” No. ESFA3-32 under the European Social Fund.